Monday, October 1, 2012

Lines ... and then some

My niece is taking a photography class in school.  She had her first assignment this weekend ... lines; we were all together for the weekend visiting Josh's mom, so she and I went out to take photos.

It was fun to have something to think about when taking photos, and not just shoot willy-nilly.  I really was forced to think about my composition and look for things that fit a specific subject.  it was also fun to pass on a little bit of knowledge to someone else, something I don't get to do being so new myself.

Anyway .... Lines and other things from Nana's.

_DSC8971.jpg


_DSC8981.jpg
she's such a willing model

_DSC8994.jpg


_DSC9000.jpg


_DSC9001.jpg


_DSC9003.jpg
Audrey was modeling so well and Annie wanted to join in.  But Annie didn't want to smile.

_DSC9004.jpg
Audrey was pretty adamant about having a group photo.  It was overexposed and it's just too hard to get another shot set up.  So B&W it is.....

_DSC9007.jpg
There's an old shed on the side of the house that was just begging to be photographed.  I am picturing a Bridges of Madison County style picture.  Couldn't quite process it right, but I'm content with it.

_DSC9027.jpg
We went for a walk.  This was the neighbor's cat.  Everybody freaked out at me that I was taking a photo of some other person's house.  But the cat was so purr-fect there on the top of the railing.

_DSC9029.jpg
This dog looked so pathetic staring out the window like that.  I love the peeling paint around the window.

_DSC9046.jpg


_DSC9049.jpg
Stairs always make great line photos


_DSC9053.jpg
"Ah-ee."

_DSC9063.jpg
Our favorite winery

_DSC9082.jpg


_DSC9083-2.jpg
This train car was begging to be photographed.

_DSC9091.jpg
Power lines in the open space behind my MIL's house.  Makes it feel so rural and desolate.

_DSC9093.jpg


_DSC9114.jpg
Josh snagged a photo of me and Annie playing with Annie's new toy.

_DSC9130.jpg


_DSC9135.jpg


_DSC9141.jpg
Josh showing us how he can juggle.  He was trying to catch the ball mid-air and missed.

The rest of the photos from our trip can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/biochemtine/sets/72157631668954317/with/8044592558/

No comments: