Monday, October 14, 2013

Santa Cruz

Spent the weekend in Santa Cruz and took my camera with me.  The whole time there I was thinking of Scott Kelby's Shoot Like a Pro tour and thinking of travel photography.  What things are iconic.  What are interesting.  What tells the story.  I don't know how successful I was as a whole, but I think a few moments I was pretty close.  I think I'll take a stab and putting these in a mini photo book.

Here are a few of my better shots.


_DSC7996.jpg
from our bed and breakfast; tucked away behind a garden and really cute grounds.

_DSC8000.jpg
a pseudo pano of a church from far away.

_DSC8009.jpg
I thought this wall was cool with the texture.

_DSC8018.jpg
Also from the bed and breakfast.  The waterfall was very small.  I got to use slow shutter speed.  Not bad for my first attempt.

_DSC8021.jpg
from the B&B - the water wheel in the river

_DSC8029.jpg
RR Tracks to nowhere

_DSC8053.jpg
I was amused

_DSC8081.jpg
Saw some OK surfing going on.

_DSC8101.jpg
It was hazy, so I couldn't get a good shot of the boardwalk.  And when I found a good location, I was done shooting for the day.

_DSC8115.jpg
Sea lions under the pier on the wharf.  they let you get really close to them (and safely behind a fence)

_DSC8126.jpg
My seafood tacos for lunch

No comments: